The social worker maintains the personal care home’s waiting list and maintains contact with applicants and their families. The social worker coordinates our admissions and supports the new resident and family through the transition process, helping them adjust to their new environment.
Social workers help ensure the voices of residents and their loved ones are heard, and work to strengthen communication between residents, loved ones and staff.
- Provide practical and or emotional support to residents and their loved ones at times of loss and transition
- Help family and residents navigate through the health care system and government social programs.
- Assist in clarifying concerns related to placement
- Help residents access services and resources
- Help explore expectations about placement
If you have and questions, you can contact the Social Worker at 204-336-4125.