For personal comfort and safety, we recommend that the following items be brought to the personal care home when you move in. Our laundry service labels all items.
- enough washable, dryable clothing to last 7 days (dresses, skirts, blouses, pants, sweaters, shirts and jogging/track suits)
- 5 undershirts or 3 brassieres
- 12 pairs of socks or stockings (no pantyhose)
- 7 undershorts or panties
- 4 night gowns or pajamas
- 1 house coat
- pair of walking shoes
- pair of non-slip slippers
- belt or suspenders
- outdoor clothes appropriate for the season
Keep in mind that clothing should be comfortable and easy to put on and take off. Adaptive clothing may be needed based on your abilities. Families are encouraged to check clothing periodically and make any necessary repairs or replacements.
Other Personal Items (all must be labeled)
- wheelchair and any attachments such as leg rests, cushions
- walking aids such as canes, walkers
- assistive devices such as long handled shoe horn, special eating utensils
- deodorant, comb/brush, toothbrush, tooth paste, soap, lotion, shampoo, make-up, and no aerosol hairspray
- electric razor
- single bed quilt
Some things are hazardous and cannot be brought into a personal care home. These include:
- heating pads, hot water bottles, wheat bags, microwavable bean bags, or other warming devices
- non-electric razors
- Rocking chairs and area rugs.